Give the family favourite of Mac and Cheese a boost with the addition of cauliflower — a great source of vitamin C and fibre.
Serves 6 – 8
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
• 4 cups of chopped cauliflower (discard stem)
• ½ cup milk, warmed slightly
• 2 cups of elbow or other mini pasta shape
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• A pinch of garlic powder
• 1 sachet Biostime Infant Probiotics with Vitamin D
• Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
• Use a fine-mesh strainer or slotted spoon to remove the cauliflower and add to a blender. Add the milk, cheese, butter, salt, and garlic powder. Blend until smooth.
• Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
• Drain and return to the pot. Stir the cheese sauce into the pasta. Allow to cool.
• Prepare one serve and mix in one sachet of Biostime Infant Probiotics with Vitamin D.
For more nutritious and delicious recipes click here.