Serve up some veggies in a toddler-friendly form with these delicious savoury veggie muffins! Packed with four different vegetables they are easy to adapt to suit your little one’s taste buds.
• ½ cup of frozen spinach, defrosted, chopped roughly and moisture squeezed out
• 1 medium (120g) carrot, grated
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
• ½ cup of frozen & defrosted or canned corn
• 1 cup (125g) of tasty cheese, grated
• ¾ cup of milk
• 1/4 cup of plain greek yoghurt
• 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
• 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
• 2 cups (250g) of self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
2. Place the spinach, carrot, peas & corn onto a piece of paper towel or cloth and squeeze the vegetables to remove excess water. This will help to avoid having soggy muffins.
3. Place the eggs into a mixing bowl and lightly whisk.
4. Add the spinach, carrots, peas and corn into the egg mixture and stir to combine
5. Next add the cheese, milk, yoghurt, olive oil, paprika and chives into the egg mixture and stir until combined.
6. Slowly & gently fold the flour into the wet ingredients, until just combined. Try to avoid over mixing as this can cause ‘tough’ muffins.
7. Spray a 12-hole muffin tray with oil or grease with butter. Spoon in the mixture, equally, between the 12 muffin sections. Bake for 15-20 mins, until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes to cool and then cool further on a wire rack.
For more nutritious and delicious recipes click here.